A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Welcoming Brandon Thomas Burditt

March 4th, 2008.

Weight: 6lb, 4oz Length: 18 3/4".

So precious...Still feeling a little nervous, but feeling extremely blessed that he was healthy. We found out he not only had a cleft lip and palate, but was also born with a hypospadius (a birth defect of the urethra in males)as well. Urology to get involved down the road to discuss surgery.



Overall, doing well. Teaching him to use his special needs feeder to eat which was time consuming, but at least he was eating, so they let us go home after a couple days.


Before leaving the hospital a staff member shared a touching personal story with me. I know now that it was not something I did wrong, or something that happened to me. Brandon was the one who was going to have to go through the pain of surgeries, etc... He knows no different. He is innocent, and is a child that needs loved like any other. I believe now that God chose me to be his mom, because he knew that I could give him all of the love and care he needed...I love him unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment