A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Medical update


Since his last surgery, we have had further testing done regarding Brandon's growth. As it turns out, he has a Growth Hormone Deficiency. We meet with his endocrinologist soon to discuss more of the details, but it is likely he will be starting growth hormone injections in the near future. This means we will have to give him nightly injections...sorry little guy. Some kids receive these shots up until the age of 18.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Amy! I love this! Sending love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy...Seeing your journey before my eyes is truly amazing. It is not just Brandon's journey but in a way it is a journey that all of us are on with him. I remember seeing him for the first time and not knowing what to expect. All I know is that when I held him in my arms that very first time and dedicated him to God, I loved him more than I could ever have imagined. Little did I know then how much joy one little special needs guy could bring to so many. The fear of the unknown before birth and the pain in the reality after his birth has turned into an amazing experience in celebrating God's awesome plan for our lives. I have cherished every step of the journey and even now when looking back through the photos, I am struck with tears running down my cheeks while a smile sits firmly on my face. I am proud of you and Chris. You are amazing caretakers of this special gift.

    Journey on!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete