A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

My 1st admission to the hospital

Brandon started daycare when he was seven weeks old because I had to go back to work. I had taken him to the daycare to meet his teachers a couple times before he started where I taught them how to feed Brandon using his special bottle...they did a great job. By the end of the week Brandon didn't seem to be feeling very well so I took him to the doctor's office. The doctor said to take him to the hospital. We were there for four days. They had to poke him five times to get his IV in since he was dehydrated. Then it got worse as they told me they had to do a spinal tap. As it turned out Brandon had viral meningitis...which is pretty much the same thing as an adult getting a severe cold (If you did a spinal tap on an adult who was sick with a severe cold it would show white blood cells in the spinal fluid as well), and since he was so little they had to watch him closely.


No comments:

Post a Comment