A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

1st Surgery: Lip Repair 7/11/2008

Each surgeon has their own requirements before they will perform surgery. In Brandon's case, he had to be at least 3 months old, 10 pounds, and have a good hemoglobin.
Brandon is four months old here...we had to wait until he gained enough weight.


Morning of Brandon's first surgery. He was doing very well playing before we left the house at 5:30AM, considering he was not allowed to have anything to eat or drink after midnight.



Just waiting for the doctors to get this show on the road.
Tube feeding after surgery. No bottles were allowed. We had to put his formula in a syringe and tube feed him for 10 days until he was healed.

Only spent one night in the hospital and then he was released to go home the following morning since he was feeding so well with the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment