A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Post Op

One day post op. Sis is so happy to see me.
Brandon's surgeon was amazing. I have never seen such tiny stitches. I cried so hard when I first saw him in the recovery room. His face was so swollen and I was scared he was going to be in a great deal of pain. He was given morphine for the pain, which helped, but morphine has a side effect of decreasing your respirations. His oxygen saturation level dropped so low we ended up having to take turns holding oxygen over his face all night.
Wearing his arm splints. This was a requirement as well for 10 days to prevent him from pulling at the surgical sight. We nicknamed him "Houdini" because he kept finding ways to get his arms out.

One month after surgery. Doing great. It's amazing how fast they heal.




No comments:

Post a Comment