A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Giving Thanks

What am I thankful for this year? Here is a list just to name a few...
1.)I am thankful for all of the support and encouragement I have received from family and friends during all the ups and downs these past couple of years.
2.)I am thankful for my husband and my wonderful children who make me smile and fill my heart with joy.
3.)I am thankful for having such a reliable and understanding daycare that allows me to feel comfortable leaving my little Bubba so I can work.
4.)I am thankful that my husband and I both have jobs.
5.)I am thankful that our family has health care insurance to aide in our many medical expenses.
6.)I am thankful for all of the compassionate, wonderful doctors and medical staff working with Brandon.
7.)I am thankful that Brandon is recovering so well from all of his surgical procedures.
8.)I am thankful that Brandon can eat "normal" food now and was able to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year.




The list could go on and on, but I wanted to touch on a just a few things. I realize how fortunate I am to have all of the blessings listed above. Despite difficulties we might face day to day, many people out there have it so much worse. When I found out that Brandon was going to be born with a cleft lip I was devastated at first; but as you can see by reading this blog he is doing amazing. Many children out there, especially kids in foreign countries, do not have the luxury of having surgeries to repair their deformities. These children are often outcasts in their villages. I feel so blessed for what we have been able to provide for Brandon.
At Thanksgiving dinner this year my family; including my parents, siblings, sibling's spouses, and I, decided that instead of giving material gifts to each other this year, (with the exception of the kids) we would take the money and donate to a charity (i.e. operation smiles or smile train) to provide at least two cleft repair surgeries to kids in need. Our hope is to bless another child as we have been blessed...it's just a start, but every little bit helps.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, and think you and your family made a wonderful choice! Thanks for writing!
    Kendra Grant

    ReplyDelete