A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Monday, December 21, 2009

A blankie for you...

So...last year I bought some cleft bears from the cleft foundation and gave them to our pediatrician's office so they could pass them on to new parents of cleft babies. Although I have changed the gift this year, the tradition continues. This year I decided to make little blankies for our new little friends. I couldn't have accomplished this goal without the help of my family and friends. I delivered the blankies to the cleft clinic today to be distributed as they see fit.

My dear friend Raquel wrote this amazing poem which I attached to each blankie.

This blankie was made with caring hands
By a family who may just understand
The tears and pain, the disbelief
The days and nights where you just weep
Although our stories may differ some
Please rest assured relief will come
A long road for some, and short for others
A common bond amongst fathers and mothers
So to your precious one, we give this gift
Their spirits we do hope it lifts
It's soft and warm and just the right size
To hold or wrap both day and night
Written by- Raquel Wilson









No comments:

Post a Comment