A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Monday, July 18, 2016

Pharyngeal Flap Surgery

So this surgery was a hard one!  I haven't seen my little man in so much pain since his palate repair when he was one.  The pharyngeal flap surgery was to help correct his speech and prevent him from losing air through his nose when he talks.  Surgery was in Columbus and he stayed overnight.  He was in quite a bit of pain and needed pain meds every few hours to help manage the pain right after surgery.  Recovery consists of soft diet for 3 weeks, no speech therapy for 3 weeks during recovery, and no sports/low activity level for 3 weeks as well.
 Walking into the hospital the day of surgery like a champ!
 Picking a prize from the ocean room
 Recovery...

 At home a few days post op
Grandma always gets the best gifts :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! What were some of his favorite foods post op? My little one(5) is going in tomorrow :s

    ReplyDelete