A Little Blessing

My name is Brandon Burditt. I was born with a bilaterral cleft lip and cleft palate. I had three surgeries in my first year of life; but that hasn't stopped me. Some say I am a little charmer; I love to cuddle, laugh, and play.
This is my journey...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dental Procedure...

Well, Brandon has been seeing his Pediatric Dentist since he was a couple weeks old. We typically go every 3 months for fluoride treatments and every 6 months for cleanings. We have to monitor his teeth very closely as they are not all coming in as they should. A couple of his teeth are in between part of his remaining cleft palate...most of his palate was repaired at 13 months, but the rest cannot be corrected until he receives his bone graph later. Kids with clefts need extra dental attention. As this past visit turned out, there was a "defect" noted in one of Brandon's canine teeth which could develop into a cavity if not corrected, so Brandon received his first filling and did FABULOUS!! I'm so proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. Brandon is a really brave kid. I'm pretty sure you’re very proud of him that he didn't have any problems with the treatment. Anyway, it's a good thing that he is visiting his dentist every 3 months. This could really help him to avoid having misaligned teeth. Does he have his permanent teeth already?

    Julio Rotter

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how did the procedure go? I bet Brandon has a perfect and alluring smile now. He just has to continue his regular visit to the clinic to have his teeth and palate check by his dentist. Take care!

    Landon Heath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regular trips to the dentist can surely help Brandon avoid oral problems in the future. Another good thing is that he’ll acquire the habit of going to the dentist, and he’ll take this with him until he becomes a grown man. And one day, he’ll pass on this habit to his children, too. It’s all thanks to your dedication, Amy!

    Pearl Cook

    ReplyDelete